My favorite coaching tool is DISC profiles.
Whats disc do?.
Disc predicts peoples behavior preferences, That’s behavior preference , not behavior.
The nice thing about DISC is that its easy to understand, and you can quickly observe people around you and get a basic understanding in a few hours training.
- A party is a good place to see people acting in their normal behavior preferences.
- Have you noticed some people just are happy to wait for other to talk to them, others are instant friends with everyone. These people will have a preference to be like this in all situations, its just that at work they may modify their behavior to suit the situation.
- Appreciation and understanding of others differences.
- Reduce team conflict.
- Enhance teamwork.
- Reduce Staff turnover.
- Select the right person for the job more often.
- Be able to predict a persons likely behaviour in a given situation.
- What are the benefits of knowing DISC?
Disc stands for the 4 basic personalities.
- Dominance “D” direct and decisive, These are strong-willed, daring, like challenge, action, change, and excitement, eg Maggie Thatcher, Donald Trump.
- Influence “I” optimistic and outgoing, like to participate with others, share ideas, entertain, and be people-people.
eg Bill Clinton, Will Smith
- Steadiness “S” cooperative and hard-working, loyal, dedicated, helpful, and agreeable people who like stability in their lives
eg Gandhi, Marg Simpson
- Conscientiousness “C” cautious and correct, quality-minded, people who like planning, checking, inspecting, working to a system
eg Einstein, Bill Gates
For information on how DISC can increase your productivity Call Jim on 0407 335 991
Original date May 2010